The J.D. Power National Banking Satisfaction StudySM provides a comprehensive view of customer experience with retail bank product lines from nationwide banks. While some things have changed, banks have continued to rely on this invaluable study for unbiased intelligence about retail banking customers’ satisfaction with their primary financial institution.
This study provides:
- Customers’ satisfaction impacts bottom-line metrics, such as retention, loyalty, and advocacy.
- Transactional and operational experiences, psychographic and emotional insights, and relationship-oriented perceptions.
- Representative brand coverage within defined markets to give you confidence that our findings are truly reflective of the populations evaluated.
Banks around the nation use this study to:
- Identify the dominant factors that drive customer satisfaction.
- Thoroughly understand today's banking services consumers' needs, expectations, and desires.
- Prioritize investments and initiatives around the factors that are shown to drive the most substantial increases in customer satisfaction
- Evaluate products and services using real voice-of-the-customer data to ensure that they are in sync with evolving customer desires and needs
- Invest in resources guided by intelligence about evolving user expectations, industry trends, and expert insights
- Train customer service employees to tailor their approach with key client segments to reduce friction and expedite handling concerns.
Customers surveyed in this analysis answer questions about key topics about their current primary and secondary financial institution, such as:
- Products with Bank
- New Account Opening
- Product Ownership and Financial Wallet
- Advice and Guidance
- Delivery Channel Behaviors
- Service and Problem Resolution
- Demographics and Financial Behaviors
- Financial Outlook
Press Release & Award Information
J.D. Power will issue a national press release that will highlight key findings and trends from the study and include top-to-bottom rankings of the brands in the study that meet J.D. Power’s predetermined research criteria. The brand(s) that ranks highest in each of the regions profiled this year and meets predetermined award criteria will have the opportunity to leverage their award publicly through the J.D. Power award licensing program, which requires subscribing to the study as a prerequisite.
Brands profiled in previous years will be added when available. View profiled brands in the past year from the list below.
2022 U.S. PROFILED BRANDS
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- TD Bank
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
J.D. Power Solutions
An enhancement to our syndicated studies that allows your company to field additional surveys using a sample that is provided by your company.
Action Planning Workshop
Translate data and insights from J.D. Power studies into meaningful performance improvement with workshop sessions focused on defined business lines or functional areas.
Showcase your commitment to digital excellence with Mobile App and Website Certification.