Utility Digital Experience Study
Every interaction a customer has with their local electric, gas and water utility reflects their overall experience. It is critical for utility companies to provide services that delight customers at every touch point—from reviewing account information online, to making a payment on their mobile app, to resolving an issue through email. Consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, and companies must be able to provide services when and where their customers want them. Utilities that understand their digital strengths and weaknesses will be better positioned to improve customer satisfaction by deploying resources to enhance areas that will have the most impact.
The J.D. Power Utility Digital Experience StudySM provides an analysis of customer perceptions of your company’s digital presence. It explores the correlation between website and mobile app engagement and user experience. Additionally, it provides a best practice review of your assisted digital channels.
The study measures the complete digital experience of utility customers:
- Assisted-Online Digital Channels: In addition to assessing the usability of websites and mobile apps, the study now provides detailed and actionable recommendations to improve the experience with chat, email, text messaging and social media channels.
- Index Model
- Understand how customers currently interact with your utility company
- Determine how well your digital touch points meet—or fail to meet— customer expectations
- Discover which companies perform highest digitally (and what they are doing right) within the utility industry and cross-industry
- Identify the areas of your website and mobile app that need improvement
- Improve ROI by deploying resources to improve areas that will have the greatest impact on customer satisfaction