Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study
As the demands of electric utility residential customers continue to evolve, it is imperative that utility companies stay up to date regarding their customers’ needs and expectations. Utilities that understand their customers’ attitudes, behaviors and preferences are better able to target performance improvement initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction.
The J.D. Power Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures residential customer satisfaction with large and midsize electric utility companies in four US regions: East, Midwest, South and West. The study examines satisfaction across six factors: Power Quality and Reliability; Price; Billing and Payment; Communications; Corporate Citizenship; and Customer Care.
The study allows utilities to:
- Measure critical components driving overall satisfaction among electric utility residential customers
- Align strategic planning and improvement initiatives with core customer expectations, desires and needs
- Benchmark customer satisfaction performance among large and midsize electric utilities throughout the United States
A study subscription provides access to the tools you need to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your utility company is performing from the perspective of residential customers and to identify areas that need improvement.
- Third-party evaluations provide unbiased information that measures customer satisfaction, operations effectiveness, corporate outreach and company brand qualities, which may be used in corporate goal setting
- On-site executive presentation and management insights to improve performance, which include customized strategic recommendations, study results, ongoing best practices and analyses of high-performing electric utilities
- Access to information through unparalleled reporting tools, data access, what-if simulators, raw data and quarterly reporting on all 140-plus survey questions, which enables customized score optimization as well as peer set and benchmark analyses
- Net Promoter Score®— an independent measurement of NPS, which includes the brand-level Net Promoter Score® and verbatims, an NPS rank chart and verbatim text analytics
Net Promoter System®, Net Promoter Score®, NPS® and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.