U.S. Small Commercial Insurance Satisfaction Study
The J.D. Power U.S. Small Commercial Insurance Study provides subscribers with insights directly from small commercial customers, those with business that have fewer than 50 employees, about their experiences with and expectations of their insurance carriers. The study identifies key industry trends and issues in the small business commercial market and provides an in-depth understanding of the needs, expectations, and desires of today’s small business customers, as well as insights into opportunities for insurers to improve customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy.
The study was redesigned in 2020 to enhance the insights available to subscribers while maintaining trending of historical results. Updates include:
New brand image questions that will provide additional information about consumer perceptions of the brands profiled in the study
Deeper insights into the quoting and shopping experience including questions that focus on:
- Quoting effort
- Additional (value-add) information provided during sales process
- Tactical onboarding considerations—review of policy coverage, set-up payments, etc.
- Renewal channel
Enhanced evaluation of product and policy differentiators by exploring:
- Tools and services provided to help customers manage their business
- How coverage limits and approaches to coverages impact satisfaction
- Extent to which customer feels their carrier understands and is committed to the industry supported by their business
- Personalization of new products/services to meet business’ needs
Refinement of servicing metrics including a closer look at the effort to communicate with core service channels and an exploration of self-service channels, including mobile apps and social media.