Appliance Satisfaction Study
The increasingly competitive home appliance industry has provided consumers with more options than ever before when shopping for a new appliance. The wide variety of models and features available, as well as a wide range of prices, makes it critical for appliance manufacturers to differentiate their brands and products in the marketplace. Retailers and manufacturers that understand their customers’ experiences, needs, and expectations are better positioned to target initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction, increase brand loyalty and advocacy, and grow market share.
The updated J.D. Power Appliance Satisfaction Study provides a comprehensive view of the appliance purchase and ownership experience by measuring satisfaction with Appliance Retailers, Laundry Appliances and Kitchen Appliances. It includes 12 segments: Appliance Retailers, Dishwashers, Freestanding Ranges, Cooktops, Wall Ovens, Over-the-Range Microwaves, Side-by-Side Refrigerators, French Door Refrigerators, Top-Mount Freezer Refrigerators, Front-Loading Clothes Washers, Top-Loading Clothes Washers and Clothes Dryers.
The study, which provides the home appliance industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of customers, includes the following objectives:
- Measures key drivers of satisfaction among customers who purchased a kitchen or laundry appliance
- Captures brand image and reputation of appliance retailers
- Examines pathway to purchase
- Captures online and in-store experience
- Examines problems experienced
- Delivers insight into what drives customer loyalty and advocacy