U.S. Consumer Financing Satisfaction Study
The J.D. Power Automotive Consumer Financing Satisfaction Study is the most comprehensive independent study of borrowers who financed a new or used vehicle through a loan or lease. This study was created to better understand customer intentions, priorities, influences, and preferences throughout the entire automotive financing process. J.D. Power has provided clear, objective intelligence about these automotive finance customers for over 25 years— we have covered the transitions from paper contracts to e-contracting and calling your lender to receiving text alerts.
Fast forward to today—the Automotive Consumer Financing Satisfaction Study has undergone a number of redesigns to innovate and evolve alongside the dynamic marketplace it studies. We’ve achieved our reputation the same way any leader does: through really hard work. J.D. Power provides analysis that not only transcends simple historical trend data, but also offers key insights for the future.
We pinpoint the factors that matter most to finance customers and drive their satisfaction while helping guide lenders how to reduce their cost to serve. The study sets a quality benchmark for the industry, and provides a thorough understanding of the needs, expectations, and desires of today’s automotive finance customers.
- Account Management and Communication (Website and Mobile)
- Billing and Payment
- Customer Service Experience (Website, Mobile, IVR, In Person)
- New Customer Orientation
- Origination (Digital and Dealer)
- Shopping Process (Pre-approval and Pre-transaction behavior)
- Loyalty, Advocacy, NPS, and Retention
- Financial Health Assessment
Customized executive presentation and strategy session that gives you data-driven, actionable recommendations for achieving your strategic business goals
- You will meet with our industry experts who will deliver the study results using a presentation that will bring the data to life. We will clearly show the relevance of our findings to your business with tailored guidance that will make your subscription immediately useful to management and frontline employees alike. You’ll leave your presentation feeling confident in your power to solve problems and generate and refine innovations to customer satisfaction and experience.
The J.D. Power subscriber experience has been upgraded
- Data and analytical tools for performance insights and competitive comparisons including access to PowerSource, J.D. Power's new interactive data platform, designed to improve the user experience and better serve the clients who use it. PowerSource offers visually engaging data, dynamic online reports and dashboard, enhanced report exports and much more. Check out our frequently asked questions article to learn more
Executive Overview Dashboard
- Think “Scorecard” – Top Line findings, Index/Factors, Loyalty/Advocacy, KPI performance
Detailed Results Dashboard
- Generally contains multiple reports, organized by factor. This is where a deeper level of detail is available including diagnostics, comparisons to competitors, additional filters etc.
Cross Table Tool
- Cross tabulation module that includes all client facing data on the site which allows the user to customize data runs and analysis
- Open answer module that allows users to view verbatims at a respondent level with selected filters and/or additional columns of data and search on key words or themes
- Static, downloadable content. Most commonly; Executive Briefing, Questionnaire, Methodology, User Guides, Index Calculators, KPI simulators, Client data files (SPSS or Excel).
Executive briefing document highlighting key trends and insights across the industry
- J.D. Power is constantly immersed in understanding what is happening in your marketplace—and with your competition. We track the competition so you don’t have to. Get independent, objective recommendations that keep you ahead of the pack..
Brand-level scorecards benchmarking each profiled company’s performance compared with the industry across key drivers of satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy metrics
- Scorecards help you understand how brands compare to the industry and cross-industry. We help you understand where efforts should be focused, and the specific actions needed for greatest positive impact on customer experience and business results.
The complete study data file with consumer survey responses
- We source current data from real customers so you can understand dynamic customer expectations, sudden/unexpected changes in product quality and be at the forefront of trends.
- Loyalty metrics such as NPS®