Gold’s Gym Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Health and Fitness Centers
People Continue to Make the Difference, as Helpful Staff Remains Critical to Member Satisfaction
COSTA MESA, Calif.: 28 June 2016 — Gold’s Gym ranks highest in customer satisfaction among national health and fitness centers for the second year in a row, according to the J.D. Power 2016 Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction Report,SM released today.
The second annual report measures customer satisfaction with health and fitness centers by examining seven factors (in alphabetical order): cleanliness; equipment condition; helpfulness of the staff; price; safety; variety of classes; and variety of equipment and amenities in the facility. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
The report finds that, on average, members are significantly more satisfied with their fitness center than they were last year. Overall satisfaction increases to 826 in 2016 from 813 in 2015.
“Health and fitness centers have increased their focus on their members’ journeys,” said Rick Johnson, practice area lead for healthcare at J.D. Power. “A helpful staff shapes members’ perceptions of their experience at the gym and drives satisfaction the most among members.”
Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction Rankings
- Gold’s Gym (878, +43 points from 2015) ranks highest in customer satisfaction, performing particularly well in the equipment condition, safety and cleanliness factors.
- Planet Fitness (856, +28 points from 2015) ranks second, performing particularly well in price and safety.
- Equinox (838, +19 points from 2015) ranks third and performs well in safety and equipment condition.
Key Study Findings
- Nearly four in 10 (39%) members indicate they received a free or discounted membership.
- Despite relatively high levels of satisfaction, there is significant room for improvement, as only 55% of members say they “definitely will” recommend their club to a friend, relative or colleague.
The 2016 Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction Reportis based on responses from 2,549 health and fitness center members who visited their club in the past three months. The study was fielded in May and June 2016.
Find more information about J.D. Power solutions for the healthcare industry at http://www.jdpower.com/industry/healthcare.
See the online press release at http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-health-and-fitness-center-satisfaction-report
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/about-us/press-release-info