WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 30 June 2015 — Gold’s Gym ranks highest in customer satisfaction among national health and fitness centers, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction ReportSM released today.
The inaugural report measures customer satisfaction with health and fitness centers by examining seven factors (in alphabetical order): cleanliness; equipment condition; helpfulness of the staff; price; safety; variety of classes; and variety of equipment and amenities in the facility. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
The report finds that nearly half of fitness center members indicate they had some difficulty doing their usual activities or tasks, both inside and outside of the house due to their physical and emotional health. It is important for these individuals to get the most out of their health and fitness center.
“As consumers take a more active role in managing their overall health and their healthcare, they want value with their membership,” said Rick Johnson, practice area lead for healthcare at J.D. Power. “Providing a helpful staff, which helps improve members’ perception of added value, drives satisfaction the most with members. They also want a clean facility with a variety of equipment in good condition for a reasonable price.”
Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction Rankings
- Gold’s Gym (836) ranks highest in customer satisfaction, performing particularly well in the equipment condition, variety of classes offered and safety factors.
- Capital Xsport Fitness (835) ranks second, performing particularly well in equipment condition and variety of classes.
- Planet Fitness (828) ranks third and performs well in price and cleanliness.
Key Study Findings
- Overall satisfaction with health and fitness centers is 813.
- More than four in 10 (43%) members indicate they receive free or discounted membership.
- Despite relatively high levels of satisfaction, there is significant room for improvement, as only
47 percent of members say they “definitely will” recommend their club to a friend, relative or colleague.
The 2015 Health and Fitness Center Satisfaction Reportis based on responses from 2,431 health and fitness center members who visited their club in the past three months. The study was fielded in May and June 2015. Find more information about J.D. Power solutions for the healthcare industry at https://www.jdpower.com/industry/healthcare
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/about-us/press-release-info
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com