2022 Honda Civic Si Preview
- Redesigned version of Honda's legendary sport compact car
- Based on the Civic Touring sedan
- More powerful turbocharged engine
- Manual transmission with downshift rev-matching
- Sport-tuned suspension and steering
- 18-inch matte-black wheels with available summer tires
- Sport-bolstered front seats with fabric upholstery
- 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Bose premium sound system
- Honda Sensing safety technologies
That's right, sport compact car fans. Honda is returning the Civic Si to the lineup and is calling it the "best-handling" and "most fun-to-drive" Civic Si ever. Naturally, the 2022 Honda Civic Si is based on the existing Civic sedan, with numerous engineering changes, visual modifications, and functional improvements to maximize the size of the smile on your face.
However, if you were hoping for a new Civic Si in a hatchback body style, that's not happening. Instead, it's a good bet that the 2023 Acura Integra will fill that role for American Honda, bridging the gap between the new 2022 Civic Si and the upcoming Civic Type R, the latter featuring a 5-door body style.
Confused? Don't worry. Ultimately, it will all make sense. In the meantime, let's review the 2022 Civic Si specs, pictures, and more.