New for 2017:Honda
Honda is making a few changes to its lineup for the 2017 model year. The 2-seat CR-Z hybrid is cancelled, while the CR-V compact crossover SUV, Clarity green machine, and Ridgeline pickup truck are redesigned. An updated version of the Accord Hybrid also arrives this year, while the Civic lineup expands to include a 5-door hatchback, sporty Civic Si, and performance-tuned Civic Type R variants.
Detailed changes for most 2017 Honda car, truck, SUV, and van models are shown on the pages that follow. As of this writing, Honda had not announced any changes to the Pilot SUV.
- New Sport Special Edition debuts, adding leather seats
- Hybrid returns, getting 48 mpg in combined driving
- Hybrid makes a combined 212 horsepower from new 2-motor gas-electric drivetrain
- Accord Hybrid adds standard Honda Sensing safety technology, more available equipment
- Hybrid has larger trunk than before, up to 13.5 cu. ft.
- New 5-door hatchback body style joins the lineup
- Sport and Sport Touring hatchbacks make 180 horsepower
- Sporty Civic Si returns, with details to come
- Racy Civic Type R debuts with rumored 300+ horsepower engine
- Manual gearbox offered for EX-T coupes and sedans
- Hatchback’s trunk offers 25.7 cu. ft. of cargo space behind rear seat
- Redesigned fuel-cell vehicle, now accompanied by electric and plug-in hybrid variants
- 5-passenger seating in a midsize car package
- Clarity Plug-in to offer an estimated 40 miles of electric driving range
- Clarity Fuel Cell to supply at least 300 miles of driving range, per Honda
- Clarity Fuel Cell expected to lease for less than $500 per month
- More details to come when Clarity goes on sale in the winter
- Completely redesigned for 2017
- Larger inside with more rear-seat and cargo space
- Available turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- Expanded availability of Honda Sensing safety technologies
- New infotainment system with a volume knob and smartphone-projection technology
- More available features, such as hands-free tailgate, remote engine starting, a 12-way power driver’s seat, rear USB charging ports, and more
- Lunar Silver replaces Alabaster Silver
- Alabaster Silver is out; Lunar Silver is in
- An acoustic windshield is added to SE and EX-L trim levels in order to reduce interior noise
- A redesigned Odyssey is expected for the 2018 model year
*2016 model pictured
- Redesigned for 2016, changes for the 2017 Pilot are yet to be announced.
- Based on the Honda Pilot, the Ridgeline is a midsize, crew-cab, light-duty pickup truck
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine
- Available torque-vectoring all-wheel drive
- Tows up to 5,000 lbs.
- Carries up to 1,584 lbs. of payload
- Numerous exclusive features, such as in-bed trunk and in-bed stereo speaker system