2023 Toyota bZ4X Preview
- All-new, 5-passenger crossover EV from Toyota
- Co-developed with the Subaru Solterra
- Front-wheel drive is standard; AWD is available
- Targets 250 miles of range in its most efficient configurations
- A liquid-cooled system extends battery life to 10-plus years
- Toyota Safety Sense 3.0
- Features standard digital key and over-the-air-update technology
- Arrives in showrooms in mid-2022
- Pricing details are TBD
The 2023 Toyota bZ4X is an all-electric crossover SUV with seating for up to five people, the first of the automaker’s family of “beyond Zero” battery-electric vehicles (BEVs). The automaker worked in partnership with Subaru on the project, which also included the new Subaru Solterra EV. The bZ4X will be built at the two automakers’ joint production facility and ride on Toyota’s e-TNGA platform.
Toyota has not shared the bZ4X’s trim levels or pricing yet, but we know that the SUV will be offered in either front- or all-wheel drive (FWD or AWD). We also know that at 184.6 inches, it’s slightly longer than a Toyota RAV4 and that its 112.2-inch wheelbase is the same as the Toyota Highlander.