2022 BMW X3 Preview
- Minor styling and interior design changes
- New mild-hybrid powertrain for M40i models
- New iDrive 7 infotainment system is standard on 30i models
- Next-generation navigation with BMW Maps technology
- Expanded driving assistance technologies
- BMW cancels the plug-in hybrid model
- 2022 BMW X3 release date scheduled for early fall of 2021
You’re looking at the best-selling BMW in America: the X3 compact crossover SUV. And for the new model year, the 2022 BMW X3 gets a nip here, a tuck there, and a handful of technological improvements to ensure that it retains that status.
The 2022 X3 lineup includes rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models. The rear-drive version is called the sDrive30i, and it costs $43,700. The xDrive30i is the AWD model, priced from $45,700. A sport-tuned M40i includes standard AWD and costs $62,400. BMW charges an extra $995 to ship the X3 from the company’s South Carolina factory to your local dealership.
For the 2022 model year, BMW has discontinued the xDrive30e, the plug-in hybrid version of the X3.