2022 BMW i4 Preview
- 5-door electric sportback
- It has a rear hatch and folding back seats
- Offered in standard and performance models
- Driving range of up to 300 miles
- Recharges to 80% battery capacity in 31 minutes
- Priced from $56,395, including destination charges
- BMW i4 release date is the first quarter of 2022
With the 2022 BMW i4 and the 2022 BMW iX, the automaker best known for building self-proclaimed Ultimate Driving Machines enters a new era of electrification. BMW has two new and competitive electric vehicles coming soon, and they take the forms of a car and an SUV. The car is the i4, and it looks like a BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe. Perhaps except for the oversized kidney grille design, this is a good thing.
The 2022 BMW i4 comes in two model series called eDrive40 and M50. The i4 eDrive40 starts at $55,400 and has rear-wheel drive and an estimated 300 miles of driving range on a single battery charge. The i4 M50 is a performance-tuned version of the car, providing all-wheel drive and an estimated 245 miles of range in exchange for $65,900.
BMW charges an additional $995 to ship the new 2022 i4 from the automaker’s Munich, Germany, assembly plant to your local dealership. The release date for the new BMW i4 is the first quarter of 2022.