2022 Audi Q4 E-tron Preview
- New compact electric SUV
- Standard and Sportback body styles
- Single-motor rear-wheel and dual-motor all-wheel drive
- Up to 295 horsepower
- Estimated driving range of 250 miles
- Recycled materials used for the interior
- Built in a net carbon-neutral factory
- On sale by the end of 2021 for about $45,000
If you’ve been waiting for Audi to introduce a more affordable electric vehicle, the new 2022 Audi Q4 E-tron is welcome news. The automaker expects new Q4 E-tron prices to start under $45,000, not including destination charges. And that’s before you factor in the federal income tax credit and any state or local incentives.
Two versions will be available, and Audi says the Q4 is similar in size to the popular Q5, inside and out. The Q4 E-tron has a traditional compact crossover SUV shape, while the Q4 Sportback E-tron adopts fastback styling to qualify as a so-called “SUV coupe.” Series designations include 40 and 50, the former indicating rear-wheel drive and the latter all-wheel drive.
Once they go on sale by the end of 2021, Audi will offer five fully electric vehicles, more than any other luxury brand by the automaker’s estimation. Audi will build the Q4 E-tron in a net carbon-neutral factory in Zwickau, Germany.