2023 Cadillac Lyriq Price, Specs, Range, and Charging Times
Cadillac has revealed the final production version of its new 2023 Lyriq electric SUV, along with prices, specifications, estimated driving range, recharging times, and more.
Built on General Motors' Ultium Drive technology, the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq is a midsize, 5-passenger crossover SUV. Cadillac will build the Lyriq in Spring Hill, Tennessee, and the base price is $59,970, including the destination charge. Reservations open in the fall of 2021, with the first Lyriqs delivered to customers by the summer of 2022.
At first, the new Cadillac Lyriq will offer a single motor, rear-wheel-drive configuration good for 340 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. According to Cadillac's estimates, the 100-kilowatt-hour battery pack supplies more than 300 miles of driving range on a full charge.
The Lyriq is compatible with up to 19.2 kilowatt Level 2 home charging and up to 190 kW DC fast charging. Using these maximum power sources, the Lyriq adds:
- 52 miles of range per hour of charging at home
- 76 miles of range in 10 minutes using a DC fast charger
- 195 miles of range in 30 minutes using a DC fast charger
If you use a more common 11.5 kW home charging unit, expect 31 miles of range per hour. Plug a Lyriq into the same household outlet used by your Nespresso machine, and the SUV soaks up 3.5 miles of range per hour.
Cargo space is not generous. Behind the rear seat, the Lyriq supplies 28 cubic feet of volume. Fold the back seat down, and this SUV holds 60.8 cubic feet of cargo.
Additional highlights of the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq include:
- Distinctive Black Crystal grille and slim-line vertical LED headlights
- Next-generation variable Regen on Demand and One-Pedal Driving
- Super Cruise hands-free highway driving technology
- AKG Studio high-end audio system with 19 speakers
- KeyPass smartphone app to check charging status, other vehicle data and functions from a remote location
At first, the Lyriq will come in Stellar Black or Satin Steel paint colors paired with Sky Cool Gray or Noir interiors. The standard wheel size is 20 inches in diameter, with 22-inch wheels available as an option.
Cadillac is the source of information for this article. It was accurate on April 21, 2021, but it may have changed since that date.