New for 2013:Volkswagen
Jeff Youngs | Aug 31, 2012
2013 Volkswagen Model Overview
Following the launch of the new 2012 Passat, Volkswagen is refining, rather than redesigning, the 10 models in its lineup. The Beetle is now available as a TDI Clean Diesel model and in a convertible body style. The restyled CC now seats 5 passengers. The Jetta Sedan and Eos convertible are upgraded with new features, and Volkswagen widens the availability of bi-Xenon headlights, LED running lights, LED taillights, and Fender premium audio system for 2013.
2013 Volkswagen Beetle
The 2013 Volkswagen Beetle is a compact, 4-passenger car available in 3-door hatchback and 2-door convertible body styles. The hatchbacks can be equipped with either a 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine, turbocharged clean-diesel engine, or a turbocharged gasoline engine. Convertibles are available only with a gas engine. Manual, automatic and Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) automated manual transmissions are available, and the Beetle is front-wheel drive.
- Beetle Convertible model debuts
- Beetle TDI Clean Diesel added to lineup
- Beetle Fender Edition includes navigation and premium Fender audio system
- Beetle Turbo models available with bi-Xenon headlights, LED running lights, and new 19-inch wheel design
- Restyled front and rear
- Interior now seats 5 passengers
- Bi-Xenon headlights standard
- LED running lights and taillights standard
- New R-Line package with sporty trim
- Revised wheel and color selections
2013 Volkswagen EosThe Volkswagen Eos is a 4-passenger convertible with a power-retractable hardtop that includes a glass sunroof that opens separately from the roof. A 200-horsepower, 2.0-liter, turbocharged 4-cylinder engine is standard, driving the front wheels through VW's DSG automated manual transmission.
- All Eos trims except the Komfort add adaptive bi-Xenon headlights, LED running lights, and LED license plate lighting as standard equipment
- New Sport trim debuts with lowered suspension, 18-inch aluminum wheels, paddle shifters, rear spoiler, and unique detailing
- Lux trim gets lowered suspension and unique 18-inch wheels
- Lux and Executive trims add headlight washers
- Executive trim gets standard reversing camera
- New Atlantic Blue leather option
- New Black Pearl paint color
2013 Volkswagen Golf
Available in 2-door and 4-door hatchback configurations, the 2013 Golf is sold as the 2.5L, TDI Clean Diesel, and performance-tuned all-wheel-drive Golf R trims. A manual gearbox is standard, with an automatic optional for the 2.5L trim and a DSG available for the TDI Clean Diesel version.
- All trims have standard floor mats and center armrest
- Golf 2.5L 4-door comes standard with automatic transmission
- All except the Golf 2.5L include a leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and parking brake lever
2013 Volkswagen GTI
The Volkswagen GTI is, like the Golf R, a performance-oriented variant of the VW Golf but is marketed as a separate model. It has a 200-horsepower, turbocharged, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, manual or DSG gearbox, Cross-Differential System (XDS), subtle styling modifications, and a sport suspension paired with larger wheels and tires.
- New 18-inch wheel design added for mid-grade trims
2013 Volkswagen Jetta SedanThe Volkswagen Jetta Sedan is VW's most popular model, available in S, SE, SEL, TDI, GLI, and new-for-2013 Hybrid trim. Depending on the trim selected, the Jetta features five engine options: a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder; 2.5-liter 5-cylinder; turbocharged Clean Diesel; turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder; or a turbocharged 1.4-liter 4-cylinder paired with an electric assist motor and a Lithium-ion battery pack.
- Jetta Hybrid Sedan debuts with combined 45 mpg rating, according to VW
- All except base Jetta S have standard center armrest
- Jetta SE and TDI add chrome exterior trim, metallic interior trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and power-reclining front seats
- Power driver's seat optional on TDI trim
- New 17-inch aluminum wheel option for TDI trim
- Jetta SEL gains soft-touch dashboard, sport/comfort front seats, and power driver's seat
- Fender premium audio with touch-screen navigation now optional on SEL trim
- Two-tone black/beige interior optional on SEL trim
- Jetta GLI with Direct Shift Gearbox includes Launch Control
- Jetta GLI Autobahn now includes a reversing camera, bi-Xenon headlights, and LED running lights when the navigation system is ordered
2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagenThe Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen is a station wagon version of the previous-generation Jetta with the front styling and dashboard of a Volkswagen Golf. VW offers a choice between a 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine or a TDI Clean Diesel engine paired with a manual, automatic, or DSG transmission.
- Multi-function steering wheel is standard
- Multi-function display screen is standard
2013 Volkswagen PassatVolkswagen's midsize family sedan, the Passat, enters 2013 with few changes after a complete redesign in 2012. Buyers can choose among three engines: a 2.5-liter 5-cylinder; TDI Clean Diesel; or 3.6-liter V-6 engine (S, SE and SEL Premium trim). All except the S and TDI SE trims have an automatic or DSG transmission.
- Rear air vents added to all except the S trim
- Reversing camera standard on the SEL trim
2013 Volkswagen RoutanThe Volkswagen Routan is a 7-passenger minivan based on the Dodge Grand Caravan. VW's version features unique styling, interior materials and configuration, and modifications to the suspension. It features a 3.6-liter V-6 engine (Chrysler's Pentastar V-6) and is sold in S, SE and SEL trim levels. According to Volkswagen, there are no changes to the 2013 Routan.
2013 Volkswagen TiguanThe Volkswagen Tiguan is a compact crossover SUV with seating for 5 passengers. A 200-horsepower, turbocharged, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine is standard, paired with a manual gearbox or an automatic transmission. The Tiguan is sold in S, SE and SEL trim levels, the latter the only one offered with 4Motion all-wheel drive.
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- Standard hill-hold control
- Standard electronic parking brake
- SE trim adds partial power front passenger seat
- SEL trim gains full power front passenger seat and reversing camera
2013 Volkswagen TouaregThe Volkswagen Touareg is a midsize, 5-passenger SUV with genuine off-road capability. It shares its basic engineering and structure, 3.0-liter TDI Clean Diesel engine, and gas/electric hybrid powertrain with the Porsche Cayenne. The Touareg V-6 is equipped with a VW-sourced 3.6-liter V-6 engine. Volkswagen buyers can choose between Sport, Lux and Executive trim levels, each equipped with standard 4Motion all-wheel drive.
- TDI Clean Diesel engine gets 15 more horsepower, for a total of 240
- Redesigned 18-inch wheels offered in Sport trim for VR6 and TDI models
- Executive trim adds real wood trim
- Hybrid models get wood interior appointments plus LED taillights and license plate lights