Additional information for visitors who are California residents
This supplement is effective as of June 25, 2020.
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, vehicle identification number, and unique identifiers.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, such as survey responses, vehicle purchases or leases, finance information, details of transaction and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, such as your interactions with our Service.
- Geolocation data, such as location enabled services like WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, such as information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
Right to Know and Delete
California residents, you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our online form available at https://www.jdpower.com/Privacy/California/DSAR or call our toll-free number at (866) 467-8688 x327. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
If personal information about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a client and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal information, please inquire with our client directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our client on whose behalf we processed your personal information. We will refer your request to that client and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
Under the CCPA, “sell” is defined broadly, and some of our data sharing practices may be considered a “sale.” The following disclosures by J.D. Power may be considered a “sale as defined under the CCPA:
- If you participate in an automotive market research study, your survey responses will be appended with the vehicle identification number of your vehicle, which may be licensed to the manufacturer of your vehicle.
- You request on jdpower.com, nadaguides.com or another car buying website to share your interest in a vehicle or a service with a third party.
- Where we share online identifiers and vehicle transaction information about you with our partners and customers for them to help measure ad effectiveness and support marketing analytics, segmentation, and statistical models.
To the extent J.D. Power sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information or by calling our toll-free number at (866) 467-8688 x327.
When you click Do Not Sell My Personal Information above, we also signal certain of our partners to only use your personal information for those specific and limited purposes that are permitted under CCPA. Please note that your opt-out will not stop you from seeing ads and will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Your opt-out will no longer apply if you delete your cookies or reset your device advertising ID
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please write us at [email protected] or J.D. Power, 30870 Russell Ranch Road, Suite 300, Westlake Village, CA 91362. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that J.D. Power is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.