Concept-Saab 9-X Air BioHybrid Convertible Preview
- Convertible concept designed in parallel with 9X BioHybrid Concept
- 1.4-liter, Saab BioPower engine
- Uses E85 bioethanol fuel and hybrid technology
- Unique Canopy Top and wraparound glass, including rear screen
- Offers 4-passenger seating with sports car proportions
First introduced at the Paris Motor Show, Saab debuts the new 9-X "Air" BioHybrid Concept Convertible in North America at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The concept comes some 25 years after the automaker's first convertible was unveiled and this newest Saab concept hints at what future droptop design may look like. Designed in parallel with the 9-X BioHybrid Concept, the 9-X Air BioHybrid shares the same highly-efficient powertrain-a small, 1.4-liter, Saab BioPower turbocharged engine that uses hybrid technology and E85 bioethanol fuel.