2022 Toyota Tundra Preview
- The third-generation 2022 Toyota Tundra is all-new
- Two twin-turbo V6 engines are available, one with a hybrid system
- Up to 1,910 pounds of payload capacity
- Up to 12,000 pounds of maximum towing capacity
- All-new Audio Multimedia infotainment software
- New towing-assist camera and reversing technologies
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 is standard for all trims
- Late 2021 on-sale date
The 2022 Toyota Tundra is an all-new full-size pickup that marks the truck’s first complete redesign in well over a decade. The second-generation Tundra was sold, mostly unchanged, for 14 years, and was showing its age in the face of more advanced trucks from Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, and Ram.
Toyota offers the 2022 Tundra with three bed lengths and in either double cab or CrewMax cab configurations. Six trims are available: SR, SR5, Limited, Platinum, 1794, and TRD Pro. The V8 engine is gone. Instead, two V6 engines are available, and both are twin-turbocharged. The optional V6 even includes hybrid power for the first time in a Tundra. Rear-wheel drive is standard, and 4-wheel drive is available.