2022 Toyota Corolla Cross Preview
- Based on the Toyota Corolla platform
- Available in L, LE, and XLE trim levels
- 169-horsepower 4-cylinder engine
- Continuously variable transmission
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- Hybrid coming in a year or two
- Impressive safety and infotainment tech
- Built in Alabama
A staple of Toyota’s lineup for over 50 years, the best-selling Corolla nameplate enjoys a well-earned reputation for reliability and efficiency. Now, the lineup expands with the addition of the new 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross.
Essentially a small crossover SUV version of the Corolla, the Corolla Cross offers more utility wrapped in styling inspired by the popular RAV4. Three trim levels, a single powertrain, and a choice between front-wheel and all-wheel drive will accompany the Corolla Cross when the small crossover goes on sale.
While details like pricing and an official release date were unavailable as this article was published, the 2022 Corolla Cross won’t arrive until Toyota’s new Alabama factory gets up and running later this year or early next. Expect Toyota Corolla Cross prices to range from the low 20s to the low 30s, which is the spectrum in which the new crossover SUV’s competitors live.