2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS Preview
- New Mercedes-Benz flagship sedan for a new electric vehicle era
- Leading-edge, highly aerodynamic exterior design
- Multiple available electric drive systems offering up to 750+ horsepower
- Range as high as 480 miles on a full charge
- Hyperscreen infotainment display stretches 56 inches across the cabin
- Level 3 self-driving capabilities
- Official prices are unannounced, but given the competition, the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS could have a base price of about $90,000 with more powerful, longer-range models costing as much as $160,000
- Mercedes EQS release date scheduled for fall of 2021
Designed to deliver pure-electric driving with a level of sophistication, luxury, and technical excellence that meets or exceeds standards established by the S-Class flagship car, the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS battery-electric sedan represents a distinct turning point for the luxury marque.
In addition to its benchmark aerodynamics, new electric vehicle platform, and claimed 480-mile range on a full charge of its battery pack, the 2022 EQS is a technological showcase. From its immense Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) Hyperscreen infotainment and instrumentation display to its soundscapes and seats that offer "hot stone" massages, the EQS features a wealth of comfort and convenience technologies.
Of course, sustainable personal transport and zero-emissions driving are at this EV's heart, and the EQS points the way to Mercedes-Benz's future. It will arrive in U.S. showrooms in the fall of 2021. Expect prices similar to that of the Tesla Model S, which can top $165,000.