New for 2010-Mitsubishi
Jeff Youngs | Dec 31, 2009
2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse: The Eclipse adds a new faux-GT model with the addition of the GS Sport trim-same appearance, less the V-6 power. Top-line models receive HID headlights and a rearview camera.
2010 Mitsubishi Endeavor: The exterior of the Endeavor is restyled, and new 18-inch wheels are fitted. All models receive standard Bluetooth phone connectivity and the option packages are reconfigured.
2010 Mitsubishi Galant: The V-6 engine option has been dropped in favor of a standard 2.4-liter 4-cylinder that has been reworked to improve efficiency. All models receive standard stability control and a new silver-painted grille.
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer: A new 5-door variant joins the model lineup, while the rest of the models are treated to revised option packages, freshened colors and mild styling updates.
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander: A restyled front end, new instrument panel, upgraded option packages and an audio system power boost summarize the changes on the compact crossover for 2010.
2010 Mitsubishi EclipseThe 2-door Mitsubishi Eclipse coupe and convertible share platforms with the Galant sedan and Endeavor SUV, but don't let that mislead you as they are much sportier than their siblings. Now in its fourth generation and last redesigned for 2006, the Eclipse is only offered with front-wheel drive. For the 2010 model year, Mitsubishi made only minor equipment changes to the Eclipse.
- New GS Sport model offers the appearance of the GT model, minus the V-6 engine
- New standard HID headlights on GT, GS Sport and Spyder models
- New standard rearview camera on GT, GS Sport and Spyder models
- New standard stability control
- New exterior color: Carbon
2010 Mitsubishi EndeavorAll 2010 Mitsubishi Endeavor models share the same 3.8-liter V-6 engine with front- or all-wheel-drive powertrain options. In an interesting move, Mitsubishi did not make a 2009 model of the Endeavor, allowing dealers to sell leftover 2008 models in advance of the slightly restyled 2010 model. For 2010, the automaker treated the Endeavor to a mild facelift and added standard Bluetooth phone connectivity across the model range. Two new exterior colors and revised equipment packages round out the changes.
- Restyled grille and taillights
- New body-color door handles
- New standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models
- New automatic climate control and upgraded center armrest on SE models
- New 18-inch wheels on SE models
- New option package bundles sunroof, navigation, back-up camera and cargo cover on SE models
- Two new exterior colors: Carbon and Maizen Blue
2010 Mitsubishi GalantThe Mitsubishi Galant is a front-wheel-drive, midsize 4-door sedan. It loses its V-6 engine option in 2010, eliminating much of its sporting potential. But the automaker has updated the 4-cylinder engine for improved efficiency, added standard stability control, and revised the option packages for 2010.
- Galant V-6 models have been dropped, leaving only the 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine
- The 2.4-liter engine has been revised to provide improved highway fuel economy
- All models receive silver-painted grilles, upgraded noise insulation and an AUX audio jack
- Stability control is now standard on all models
- Navigation and Rearview Camera is a no-charge option package on early-build 2010 SE models
- New seat upholstery on SE models
2010 Mitsubishi LancerNow in its second generation in the United States, the compact 5-passenger sedan is offered with a choice of 4-cylinder engines. The big news for 2010 is the addition of a new body style; the Lancer gains a new 5-door variant. The remaining models in the lineup benefit from revised option packages, freshened colors and styling updates.
- New model and several revisions for 2010
- New Lancer Sportback 5-door hatchback model
- Minor exterior styling revisions
- Trip computer is now full-color
- New UV-protective front door glass and odor-decomposing headliner
- Anti-lock brakes are now standard on all models
- New 16-inch wheel design on ES model
- New Touring package with leather upholstery, heated seats and better insulated windshield glass on GTS model
- New Hill Start Assist on Ralliart model
- New Recaro Sport package adds Recaro seats, HID headlamps and Rockford Fosgate audio system (Sportback)
- New Touring package with leather upholstery, heated seats, better insulated windshield glass, improved sound insulation, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights and heated mirrors on Evolution X MR model
- New AUX audio jack and Bluetooth phone connectivity on Evo models
2010 Mitsubishi OutlanderIn the middle of its second generation and last redesigned for the 2007 model year, the Mitsubishi Outlander is a compact crossover SUV. Model changes to the 2010 model include freshened front styling and several interior cosmetic improvements. The V-6 model receives 10 more horsepower, and a new GT model arrives to slot in above the XLS trim line.
- Restyled front end
- Revised instrumentation, new seat upholstery and upgraded door trim
- Optional navigation system receives real-time traffic reporting
- Optional Rockford Fosgate stereo receives more power
- 10-horsepower increase for the 3.0-liter V-6 engine
- Six-speed transmission is enhanced when paired with the V-6 engine
- New GT model features an upgraded all-wheel-drive system, front limited-slip differential, aluminum-trimmed pedals and an upgraded security system