New for 2013:Land Rover
Jeff Youngs | Oct 16, 2012
2013 Land Rover Model Overview
Land Rover is an iconic British purveyor of SUVs designed to travel far off of paved roads. Today, Land Rover is owned by India's Tata Motors, but Land Rovers continue to be assembled in England. The lineup includes five models, and for 2013 Land Rover gives its least expensive model, the LR2, a thorough update while simultaneously redesigning its flagship Range Rover model. Other Land Rovers have minor changes for 2013.
2013 Land Rover LR2The 2013 LR2 is a compact 5-passenger SUV for consumers seeking an entry point to Land Rover ownership. This year, the LR2 receives a new turbocharged, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that generates 240 horsepower, and is refreshed inside and out.
- Restyled inside and out
- Interior trim selections
- Exterior paint colors
- Standard turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- Standard color touch-screen infotainment system
- Optional 825-watt premium audio system
- Optional voice command technology
- Optional reversing camera with "hitch assist"
2013 Land Rover LR4The Land Rover LR4 is a midsize SUV designed for serious off-roading. It carries 5 or 7 passengers, depending on configuration, and offers a 375-horsepower V-8 engine and a robust permanent 4-wheel-drive system. Standard, HSE and HSE LUX trim levels are offered, and the LR4 offers the greatest amount of passenger and cargo space of any Land Rover model.
- Optional Black Design package with black wheels and black exterior trim
- Optional Extended Leather package
- Five new exterior paint colors
2013 Land Rover Range Rover
The 2013 Range Rover is completely redesigned, offered with 5-passenger seating in standard, HSE, Supercharged, and Autobiography trim levels. Though the Range Rover serves as the Land Rover flagship, it is actually smaller inside than the LR4 model.
- Redesigned fourth-generation model
- All-aluminum construction; 700 pounds lighter
- Rear leg room increased by 4.7 inches
- New TFT/LCD instrumentation
- Normally aspirated or supercharged V-8 engine
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- New automatic Terrain Response 2 technology
- Lightweight air suspension with greater wheel articulation and wading depth
- Optional Adaptive Dynamics and Dynamic Response suspension technology
- Optional adaptive cruise control with Queue Assist
- Optional adaptive headlights
- Optional blind-spot monitoring system
- Optional Surround View Camera with cross-traffic detection and "hitch assist"
- Optional Intelligent Emergency Braking and Advanced Emergency Brake Assist
2013 Land Rover Range Rover EvoqueThe Land Rover Range Rover Evoque takes its design cues from a former concept SUV called the LRX. It is constructed on the same platform that serves the Land Rover LR2, and this year the LR2 includes a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. The Range Rover Evoque is offered as a "coupe" with just 2 doors, or as a traditional SUV with 4 doors.
- Pure trim level is less expensive
- Pure Plus trim level adds panoramic glass roof
- Pure Premium trim level replaces previous Premium package
- Optional Park Assist system that automatically parallel parks the SUV
- Optional navigation system now includes off-road navigation
- Optional contrast roof color
- Revised grille design
- New wheel finish for Prestige trim level
2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
The Land Rover Range Rover Sport shares a platform and drivetrains with the Land Rover LR4, but this model is smaller inside and sits lower to the ground. The Range Rover Sport is also tuned for better handling on pavement, according to Land Rover, and is offered with the same supercharged V-8 engine that can be installed in the Range Rover. Few changes are made to the Range Rover Sport for 2013.
- Limited Edition trim levels debut
- Fresh wheel designs
- Supercharged models get red Brembo brake calipers
- Two-tone cabin treatment
- Optional Towing package