New for 2010-Jeep
Jeff Youngs | Dec 31, 2009
2010 Jeep Commander: The 4.7-liter engine has been dropped, but there are new cosmetic touches, including new wheels, and standard upgrades for 2010-reportedly the Commanders last year.
2010 Jeep Compass: The Compass receives new active head restraints, a 5-speed manual transmission offering on the 2.0-liter engine, and two new options.
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee: Due for replacement in 2011, the Grand Cherokee loses the Overland trim level but gains a new exterior color for the high-performance SRT8.
2010 Jeep Liberty: There are a slew of new standard features on the Liberty for 2010. These include active head restraints, air filtration, fold-flat front passenger seat, and other trim level-specific fitments.
2010 Jeep Patriot: Like the Compass, the Patriot receives new active head restraints, a 5-speed manual transmission offering on the 2.0-liter engine, and two new options.
2010 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited: Topless driving is more convenient with the new easy-to-remove soft top. Fog lamps, tow hooks and a compass are now standard, and changes have been made to the upholstery and exterior paint colors.
2010 Jeep CommanderThe Jeep Commander is a 7-passenger SUV styled much like the traditional (and since discontinued) Jeep Cherokee and Wagoneer models-often credited with starting the SUV craze. Built on a modified Grand Cherokee unibody platform, the Commander is reportedly scheduled to be discontinued in 2011, making 2010 the final year for the model. Jeep nevertheless made several minor changes for 2010 including dropping an engine option, and adding cosmetic enhancements to the Limited model.
- Minor changes for 2010, reportedly its final year
- 4.7-liter V-8 engine dropped
- Chromed body-side molding is now standard on all models
- Power liftgate is now standard on the Limited model
- Chromed assist handles, body-color fender flares, and body-colored exterior mirrors standard on the Limited model
- New 18-inch wheels available on the Limited model
- New exterior color: Red Crystal Pearl
2010 Jeep CompassBuilt on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber, the entry-level Jeep Compass is not designed for rugged off-road use. As such, it does not carry Jeep's "Trail Rated" badge. For the 2010 model year, Jeep has added new safety-oriented headrests across the lineup, changed some of the optional equipment, and added a new 5-speed manual transmission to the base 4-cylinder model.
- New driver and front passenger active head restraints on all models
- 158-horsepower, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine now offered with a 5-speed manual transmission
- Automatic climate control is now available on 5-passenger models
- Remote start is added to the Security Group option package
2010 Jeep Grand CherokeeSet for replacement by an all-new model in 2011, the current Jeep Grand Cherokee was last redesigned for the 2005 model year. The SUV is offered with a choice of 6- or 8-cylinder engines and rear- or 4-wheel drive. With its 420-horsepower engine and performance-tuned mechanicals, the Grand Cherokee SRT8 model caters to the enthusiast. With an all-new model on its way, the 2010 Grand Cherokee is mostly a carryover.
- Overland trim level dropped
- New exterior color on the SRT8 model: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
- Due for replacement in 2011
2010 Jeep LibertyThe Jeep Liberty is a compact SUV sharing a unibody platform with the Dodge Nitro-but the Liberty offers low-range gearing with its available 4WD system while the Nitro does not. All models share a 3.7-liter V-6 engine mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. For 2010, the standard 6-cylinder engine receives fuel shutoff technology to increase economy, new options are introduced, and safety-oriented active headrests are fitted across the model range.
- New active headrests across all trim levels
- New "interactive Decel Fuel Shutoff" (iDFSO) increases gas mileage
- Standard air filtration system
- Standard stain-repellent seat fabric with the Premium trim option
- Standard fold-flat front passenger seat
- Standard heated exterior mirrors on the Sport models
- Standard passenger express-up power windows on the Limited models
- Standard driver and passenger heated leather seats on the Limited models
- Optional "UConnect" on the Limited models
- New larger floor mats
2010 Jeep PatriotUnlike the smaller Compass with its hatchback styling, the Patriot is a traditionally-styled compact 4-door SUV resembling the slightly larger Liberty. It shares a unibody platform with the Jeep Compass and Dodge Caliber. In addition to minor equipment changes for 2010, Jeep has upgraded the front head restraints to improve safety, and added a manual transmission option to the base engine to improve fuel economy.
- Base 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine is now offered with a 5-speed manual transmission
- New standard driver and front passenger active head restraints
- Available automatic climate control on the Limited model
- Available remote start with the Security group option package
2010 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler UnlimitedIntroduced as a follow-up to the venerable Jeep CJ, the Jeep Wrangler is a compact SUV epitomizing the Jeep brand. Unlike nearly all other vehicles on the road, the Wrangler continues to utilize front and rear live axles under a rugged frame platform for maximum off-road capability. Now in its third generation-last redesigned for the 2007 model year when a new 4-door Unlimited model joined the lineup-the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited see only minor equipment changes for 2010.
- New easier-to-remove soft convertible top
- New standard fog lamps, tow hooks and a compass
- Standard cloth seats replace vinyl on base Sport models
- Optional two-tone leather upholstery available on Sahara and Rubicon models
- Discontinued paint colors: Detonator Yellow, Green Metallic and Sunburst Orange
- New exterior paint colors: Dark Charcoal, Natural Green and Surf Blue