New for 2010-Chevrolet Cars and Crossovers
Jeff Youngs | Dec 31, 2009
- 2010 Aveo/Aveo 5: Significantly updated for 2009, the Aveo and Aveo5 are mostly carryover models for the 2010 model year, receiving only modest powertrain enhancements that lead to marginally better fuel economy.
- 2010 Camaro: Chevrolet resurrects the Camaro for 2010, taking design inspiration from the 1969 model, but with thoroughly modern technology within the cabin and under the hood.
- 2010 Cobalt: The Chevrolet Cobalt carries over without significant change for 2010, only adding two new colors and enhancing the list of equipment in the optional My Link package.
- 2010 Corvette: One year after welcoming the , the Corvette lineup gains another new model for 2010-the , featuring wide-body styling, a wider track and race-bred suspension.
- 2010 Equinox: The all-new, second-generation Chevrolet Equinox arrives for 2010, featuring exterior design inspired by the Malibu sedan and Traverse crossover utility vehicle, two all-new engines, and numerous standard and optional features.
- 2010 HHR: The Chevrolet HHR is a carryover for the 2010 model year with only minor equipment changes. These include a rear-vision camera, revised cashmere interior color scheme, and three new exterior colors.
- 2010 Impala: The Impala carries over for 2010, with only a handful of new colors and additional equipment for mid-range 1LT models.
- 2010 Malibu: Changes for the 2010 Malibu include three new exterior colors and the replacement of the driver's seat manual lumbar control with a new, power-adjustable control. Also, 17-inch chrome-clad wheels are standard on 2LT models, and the Malibu Hybrid model is discontinued.
- 2010 Traverse: Changes for the 2010 Traverse are limited to one new exterior color, a USB port on the radios and the inclusion of OnStar 8.2.
More Chevrolet Information
- Following significant enhancements for 2009, the Aveo and Aveo5 are mostly carryover for the 2010 model year
- Horsepower increased to 108 (from 106 hp last year)
- Rear spoiler now standard on Aveo5 2LT
- Revised gear ratios on the 5-speed manual transmission result in improved fuel economy
- New exterior color: Wintergreen Metallic
Get more information on the 2010 Chevrolet Aveo5
- Camaro returned in April 2009 after seven-year absence
- Built on new global rear-wheel-drive passenger car platform
- Styling inspired by 1969 Camaro
- 4-passenger, 2-door coupe
- LS, LT and Super Sport (SS) models
- Planned Convertible and Z28 models have been delayed
- RS appearance package available on LT and SS
- RS appearance package includes HID headlights with integrated halo rings, rear spoiler (LT models), specific taillamps, and 20-inch wheels with Midnight Silver finish
- LS and LT models feature 304-hp, 3.6-liter, direct-injected V-6 engine
- V-6 engine delivers 18 mpg city/29 mpg highway with 6-speed automatic transmission
- SS offers a choice of 6.2-liter V-8 engines (426 hp with 6-speed manual transmission; 400 hp with automatic transmission)
- Independent front and rear suspension with standard electronic stability and traction control
- Standard 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) and tire-pressure monitor
- 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheels
- Cloth upholstery is standard; leather included with 2LT and SS models
- 6-speaker, single-CD audio system with XM satellite radio standard on all models
- Available ambient light package, Bluetooth phone connectivity
- 10 exterior colors available
- Made in Canada
- My Link package now includes AM/FM radio with CD player, MP3 playback and USB port, Bluetooth phone connectivity, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls, leather-wrapped shift knob, OnStar with Directions & Connections plan and 16-inch aluminum wheels
- Power sunroof and performance display now standard on Cobalt SS
- Two new exterior colors: Black Granite Metallic and Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat
- New Grand Sport model featuring unique body treatments and badges; upgraded brakes, wheels and tires; and performance-oriented gear and axle ratios
- Grand Sport features wider front and rear fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges on the front fenders
- Grand Sport features Z06-style front splitter, tall rear spoiler, functional brake ducts and extra cooling
- Grand Sport features unique 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels (painted finish standard and chrome finish optional) with performance 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear
- Grand Sport features Z06-size brakes: 14-inch front rotors with 6-piston calipers and 13.4-inch rear rotors with 4-piston calipers
- Grand Sport offers specific manual transmission gear ratios as well as specific rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models
- Launch control is standard with all manual-transmission models
- Revised 6-speed automatic paddle shift control allows easier return to automatic mode
- Side air bags standard on all models
- New interior console trim patterns
- Optional crossed-flags logo embroidery for seats
- Convertible models include tall rear spoiler from the Z06
- Z06 3LZ package now includes power sport seats and power passenger seat
- ZR1 now available with Performance Traction Management technology
- Torch Red exterior color returns and is available on all 2010 Corvette models
- Z06 model now offered in all eight standard exterior colors
- Cashmere interior color offered on Z06 and ZR1
- Competition Gray wheels available on ZR1
introduced as a 2005 model, and updated slightly for 2007, the Chevrolet Equinox gets a complete redesign for 2010. With exterior design inspired by the Malibu sedan and Traverse crossover, the new 2010 Chevrolet Equinox crossover utility vehicle (CUV) has the same 112.5-inch wheelbase as the previous version, but is an inch wider and about one inch shorter. The front track is also wider. Available in LS, LT and LTZ trims, the 2010 Equinox is available with all-wheel drive (AWD). Two all-new engines are offered-a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder and a 3.0-liter V-6.
- Redesigned compact crossover utility vehicle (CUV)
- Exterior design inspired by Malibu and Traverse
- Standard front-wheel drive (FWD) with optional all-wheel drive (AWD)
- Available in LS, LT and LTZ trim
- Two all-new, direct-injected engines, each offering a driving range in excess of 500 miles
- 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine produces 182 hp and delivers expected best-in-segment estimated highway fuel economy of 30 mpg (21 mpg city)
- 3.0-liter V-6 engine produces 255 hp and delivers 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- Standard 4-wheel ABS disc brakes, traction and stability control
- Choice between 17-, 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels
- Interior features an oversized glove box; closed storage bin in the instrument panel above the center stack; and closed storage under the center armrest large enough for a laptop computer
- Standard "Smart" remote engine starting activates heating/air conditioning and heated seats, depending on outside temperature
- "MultiFlex" rear seat can be moved fore and aft almost 8 inches for increased rear passenger leg or cargo room
- New, optional technology features including a 7-inch touch-screen navigation system; Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity; USB audio connectivity; rear-seat DVD entertainment system with two independent screens
- Available power-operated, programmable rear liftgate
- Available rear-vision camera system with display in rearview mirror or navigation screen
- Standard OnStar communications system and XM satellite radio
- Six standard air bags: dual frontal air bags, side curtain air bags, and seat-mounted side-impact air bags
introduced as a 2006 model, the HHR's boxy retro look is reminiscent of the classic 1949 Chevy Suburban. The front-wheel-drive (FWD) HHR crossover vehicle shares the same platform as the Chevrolet Cobalt coupe and sedan. Very little is changed for 2010; new items are limited to an available rear vision camera, revised Cashmere interior, and three new exterior paint colors.
- Available rear vision camera
- Revised Cashmere interior color scheme
- Three new exterior colors: Ice White, Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat and Cyber Grey Metallic
- 1LT models now come with standard fog lamps and offer the Convenience package (Universal Home Remote, auto-dimming inside mirror, outside heated/power-adjustable mirrors and Bluetooth phone connectivity)
- V-8-powered Impala SS is discontinued
- New exterior colors: Summit White, Cyber Gray Metallic and Aqua Blue Metallic replace White, Dark Silver Metallic, Mocha Bronze Metallic and Slate Metallic
- 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine is now E85-capable
- Six-speed automatic transmission now standard on Malibu 1LT models
- 17-inch Chrome Tech aluminum wheels standard on Malibu 2LT (4-cylinder models)
- Power-adjustable driver-side lumbar replaces manual lumbar on all models
- Malibu Hybrid model discontinued for 2010
- New exterior colors: White Diamond Tricoat, Mocha Steel Metallic and Taupe Gray Metallic replace Dark Gray Metallic, Golden Pewter Metallic and Silver Moss Metallic
Introduced for the 2009 model year, the Chevrolet Traverse is a crossover SUV with the upscale design, standard features and people- and cargo-hauling capability found in many larger SUVs. Offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations, the Traverse is carryover for 2010.
More Chevrolet Information
- USB port included with premium radios. Located in the center console, it connects portable music devices to the vehicle's audio system and charges batteries of some hand-held items
- OnStar 8.2
- One new exterior color
More Chevrolet Information