Automate the process for fully describing vehicles
The ChromeData vehicle description service is the de facto industry standard used to properly identify and describe vehicles that drive your business. Powered by our deep and comprehensive vehicle data and configuration rules, our service is fully configurable to provide your business the desired requested vehicle descriptions.
Simply choose the service and add on additional modules that meet your particular business needs. Available for a single VIN as well as a highly scalable batch processing service, our descriptive data integrates seamlessly with your business and with the ChromeData full suite of data products and content. Sell more vehicles in less time with complete online listings. Coverage includes U.S. and Canadian car and light-duty truck models back to 1981 and motorcycle models beginning in 2003.
Utilize the ChromeData OEM Build Data modules
Available as an optional add-on to our service, OEM Build Data fully identifies a vehicle’s as-built specifications, features, options, packages and exterior/interior colors at the time of manufacturing. ChromeData has the most extensive OEM coverage in the industry to help you positively identify as built features to support all new and used vehicle merchandising, financing, insurance and remarketing efforts.
Vehicle descriptions with Engineered VIN Data
When OEM-supplied Build Data is not available to us, Engineered VIN Data, in addition to our 30-year proprietary ChromeData catalog, fills in the gaps. We scrub incoming vehicle records sourced from third parties and then pull the features and vehicle color information into our data repository. This content is then used for style reduction, and where possible, all known installed options and features are made available. While this is very close to OEM Build Data, there are times when the incoming data feed may not contain all installed equipment. Although not using OEM Build Data, the results are a vehicle description that is much superior to one using catalog data alone.
Features and benefits
- Convenient and full-featured web services platform
- Fully defined specification and feature content of each vehicle
- All available option codes, package codes and color codes
- 1:1 vehicle matching with Chrome Style ID
- Seamless integration with ChromeData’s full solution suite
- Increase auction prices with accurate standard and optional equipment/features
- Maximize residual value with full disclosure of feature content
- Leverage greater residual values into lower lease payments
- Develop low-risk, high-return loan agreements
- Minimize automotive portfolio risk by knowing exactly what is included with every vehicle
Experts You Can Count On
Are you interested in learning more about products and services from the Autodata Solutions division of J.D. Power? If so, fill out the form! We’ll be in touch ASAP.
Or, to speak directly with a member of our team, contact us at 866.430.8524.
For all other inquires, you can contact us here.