North America Airport Satisfaction Study
Why do passengers love going to some airports and dread going to others? Understanding what pleases the flying public and where their priorities lie are the first steps in creating an outstanding airport experience. Armed with this knowledge, airport managers and administrators can shape the entire customer experience to be as easy, pleasant, and rewarding as possible: from getting to the airport, to checking in, going through security, shopping and eating in the terminal, and getting to the gate.
The J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction StudySM measures passengers’ satisfaction with their airport experience among Mega-, Large-, and Medium-size airports in North America. The study provides actionable insights that can support industry stakeholders in improving their performance and passengers’ overall airport experience.
Objectives of the study include:
- Quantifying the factors that drive overall satisfaction among North American air travelers
- Establishing the relative importance of each factor to overall satisfaction
- Determining the performance of Mega-, Large-, and Medium-size airports in North America
- Identifying areas of strength and weakness for each North American airport examined
- Developing a prioritized action plan for improvement
The North America Airport Satisfaction Study provides access to the insights and tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your airport is performing and to identify critical areas needing improvement. Study deliverables include:
- A webcast presentation that provides insights into key industry trends and study findings, allowing your airport to maximize performance and create a highly satisfying passenger experience
- Access to a personalized competitive data set allowing you to see how your airport stacks up against competitors, the industry, and the highest performers across the seven study factors at the national level
- Access to online data portals for in-depth data analysis
- An on-site executive presentation with management insights, which include customized strategic recommendations, study results, ongoing best practices, and analyses of high-performing airports