Understanding the Voice of the Customer is critical to success in today’s highly competitive marketplace. Knowing how home buyers and sellers evaluate your company’s services, compared with those of your competitors, can help your organization increase its competitive advantage by fine-tuning the practices that may drive high levels of customer satisfaction, increase loyalty and advocacy, and grow market share.
The J.D. Power Home Buyer/Seller Satisfaction StudySM measures satisfaction with the nation’s largest real estate companies among customers in four segments: firsttime buyers; repeat buyers; first time sellers; and repeat sellers. Overall satisfaction is measured across four factors of the home-buying experience: Agent/Salesperson; Real Estate Office; Closing Process; and Variety of Additional Services. In the homeselling experience, the same four factors are evaluated plus a fifth factor, Marketing. The study, which provides the real estate industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of customers, includes the following objectives:
- Measure satisfaction among customers who recently bought and/or sold a home
- Provide an understanding of awareness and how customers view real estate companies
- Examine customer shopping patterns and reasons for selecting real estate company
- Obtain customer feedback about the performance of real estate companies based on the drivers of buyer and seller satisfaction
- Gauge customers’ post-close experience
- Deliver insights into the drivers of customer loyalty and commitment