As the demands of business utility customers continue to evolve, understanding their experiences is imperative to increasing their satisfaction with their utility. Business customers expect reliable power, fair rates, easy-to-use payment options, excellent customer service, and that their utility is involved in the community. Listening to the Voice of the Customer is the first step in targeting performance improvement initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction.
The J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures business utility customers’ satisfaction with large and midsize electric utility companies across four U.S. geographic regions: East, Midwest, South, and West. The study examines satisfaction across six factors—Power Quality and Reliability; Billing and Payment; Price; Communications; Corporate Citizenship; and Customer Service—that allow utilities to:
- Measure critical components that drive overall satisfaction among business utility customers
- Identify the relative strengths and weaknesses of electric utilities overall and by size
- Align strategic planning and improvement initiatives with core business customer desires and needs
Study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your utility company is performing and to identify areas needing improvement. Deliverables include:
- A management discussion that provides insights into key industry trends and study findings, allowing your utility to understand current performance and to prioritize improvement initiatives
- Access to competitive data sets, allowing a comparison with your peer utilities, the industry, and the highest performers
- An impact simulator built around your utility’s performance on industry Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), modeling the impact of one or multiple performance improvement initiatives on customer satisfaction initiatives on customer satisfaction
- Net Promoter Score®— Certified NPS® by J.D. Power is an independent measurement of NPS which includes the brand level Net Promoter Score® and verbatims, a NPS rank chart and verbatim text analytics.
Net Promoter System®, Net Promoter Score®, NPS® and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.