Verizon Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the East, West and South Regions, while WOW! (Wide Open West) Ranks Highest in the North Central Region
- Overall customer satisfaction among Internet service customers is 683 on a 1,000-point scale.
- Customer satisfaction increases to 712 among customers who upgrade to premium speed package--41 points higher than among those who have not upgraded their Internet service (671).
- More than one-third (38%) of customers indicate upgrading to premium speed service packages.
- Performance and reliability is by far the most critical factor in driving overall satisfaction and meeting customer expectations.
- Customers who upgraded to premium speed packages make nearly twice as many positive recommendations to friends/family of their provider during the past year (23% vs. 14%).
- The average monthly bill for premium speed packages is $48, compared with $43 for basic Internet.
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw-Hill Financial.
About McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power, and McGraw Hill Construction. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; (248) 680-6218; media.relation[email protected]
Syvetril Perryman; Westlake Village, Calif.; (805) 418-8103; [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @JDPower
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com/corporate