U.S. Merchant Services Satisfaction Study
Merchant services providers are locked in a competitive battle to become small businesses’ preferred means of accepting credit card and mobile payments. The speed of change in this marketplace is constantly compressing the decision-making timeframe. This necessitates unbiased research and objective analysis that generates a complete competitive picture.
The J.D. Power Merchant Services Satisfaction StudySM measures small business satisfaction customer with their card payment processor and identifies fundamental improvement areas, forms the foundation for strategic and tactical action, and helps to formulate innovative solutions.
Traditional banks have a natural advantage in providing merchant services to small businesses by virtue of their existing relationships with business owners. Similarly, payment specialists and fintech players have built strong brands and satisfaction by providing small businesses with easy, reliable ways to accept a variety of card and digital payment options. They provide the technology and security a small business requires, along with fee structures that are easily understood.
We pinpoint the factors that matter most to small business owners and decision makers. The study set quality benchmarks for issuer digital channels, and provide a thorough understanding of the needs, expectations, and desires of today’s merchants.
Subscribers to the study receive
- Customized executive presentation and strategy session that provides data-driven, actionable recommendations for achieving strategic goals
- Executive briefing document highlighting key trends and insights across the industry
- Scorecard benchmarking firm performance compared with the industry across key drivers of satisfaction
- Competitive survey data and industry reports
- Analytical tools for performance insights and competitive peer comparisons
- Access to J.D. Power’s proprietary interactive reporting interface