Additional information for visitors who are Virginia Residents
This supplement is effective as of January 5, 2023.
You have the following rights under the VCDPA:
- To confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data
- To access your personal data
- To correct inaccuracies in your personal data
- To delete your personal data
- To obtain a copy of your personal data that you previously provided to us in a portable and readily usable format
- To opt out of the processing of personal data for purposes of targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you
- To not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our online form available at jdpower.com/Privacy/DSAR or call our toll free number at (866) 467-8688 x327. If you have an account with us, we may require you to use the account to submit the request. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will respond to your request within 45 days. We may require specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know, correct or delete.
If personal data about you has been processed by us as a processor on behalf of a client and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal data, please inquire with our client directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our client on whose behalf we processed your personal data. We will refer your request to that client, and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
If we are unable or refuse to take action on a request, you may appeal our decision within a reasonable period time by contacting us at [email protected] and specifying your wish to appeal. Within 60 days of our receipt of your appeal, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, you may submit a complaint to the Virginia Attorney General at https://www.oag.state.va.us/consumercomplaintform.