5 Fast Facts:2016 Subaru Crosstrek
The Subaru Crosstrek is a 5-door crossover SUV that features a more refined look for 2016, the automaker says, with a redesigned black grille and chrome accents, new headlights, and front bumper and fog light covers with chrome accent trim. The 2016 Crosstrek also features new interior refinements, including new Starlink Cloud applications to expand music and information sources. Available Starlink Safety & Security features technologies provide Crosstrek owners with connections to SOS Emergency Assistance, automatic collision notification, monthly vehicle health report and diagnostic alerts, remote lock/unlock, and stolen-vehicle recovery service.
Here are five facts about the 2016 Subaru Crosstrek:
1) The Crosstrek combines a 5-door design with a 148-horsepower, 2.0-liter boxer engine, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission or the available Lineartronic CVT (continuously variable transmission). Other features include standard all-wheel drive, 8.7 inches of ground clearance, and 17-in. alloy wheels.
2) The Crosstrek is available in three trim levels: 2.0i base, 2.0i Premium, and 2.0i Limited. (Subaru also offers a Crosstrek Hybrid.) Refinements for the 2016 2.0i base model include new standard 17-in. alloy wheels, illuminated front console storage tray, and audio and Bluetooth switches on the steering wheel. The 2.0i Premium gains a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift handle (for manual or CVT), and orange stitching on both the steering wheel and cloth upholstery.
3) Subaru EyeSight continues as an option for the Premium and Limited trims and includes steering-responsive fog lights. This feature, which works when the fog lights are turned off, activates the left or right fog light independently, depending on vehicle speed and steering angle, to provide enhanced illumination in the direction of the turn.
4) The Crosstrek’s multimedia system works with a 6.2-in. touch screen on the lower trims and a 7-in. touch screen on the Limited. The audio system features 4 speakers on the lower trims, 6 on the Limited.
5) Crosstrek’s double-wishbone rear suspension features pillow ball bushings for an optimal blend of ride comfort, straight-line stability, handling agility, and vehicle response, Subaru says.