5 Fast Facts:2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
The 2016 version of the MX-5 Miata, Mazda’s iconic roadster, is lighter, smaller, quicker, and more nimble than its predecessor, according to the automaker. The MX-5 has adopted Mazda’s full suite of SkyActiv technology and “Kodo” (Soul of Motion) design, and by so doing, the vehicle has lost approximately 150 lbs. compared with the 2015 model. It’s available with a SkyActiv-MT 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic.
Here are some other useful facts about the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata:
1) Standard engine for the 2016 Miata is a SkyActiv-G 2.0-liter 4-cylinder that produces 155 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s located front-midship and sends power to the rear wheels. Key standard features include a push-button starter and manual-shift sport mode.
2) Sport trim includes 16-in. aluminum-alloy wheels, LED headlights, daytime running lights, black cloth convertible top, cloth-trimmed seats, air conditioning, power windows with one-touch-down feature, leather-wrapped steering wheel, 6-speaker sound system, and a leather-wrapped shift knob.
3) Club trim features 17-in. Dark Gunmetal aluminum alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, Mazda Connect infotainment system, Bose audio system with 9 speakers including headrest speakers, front air dam, rear lip spoiler, black cloth seats with red stitching, and piano black seat back bar trim.
4) Grand Touring trim includes 17-in. Dark Silver aluminum alloy wheels, automatic climate control, leather-trimmed heated seats, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Mazda navigation system, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive front lighting system, high-beam control, and a lane-departure warning system.
5) Technology highlights include a Mazda Connect infotainment system with 7-in. full-color touch-screen display and voice command (standard on Club and Grand Touring); multi-function Commander Control (standard on Club and Grand Touring); Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio, and a Bose audio system with 9 speakers, including headrest speakers (standard on Club and Grand Touring). Many of the upgrades that are standard on the upper trims are available as options on the lower trim.