5 Fast Facts:2016 Kia Soul
Kia’s volume leader is the Soul compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV). For 2016, the boxy 5-passenger hatchback adds exterior updates, advanced safety systems in a new Premium package, and offers a stylish Designer Collection for personalization.
If you want a fun-loving, budget-conscious MPV with extras, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Kia Soul:
1) Three trim levels are available: base, Plus, and Exclaim. For 2016, the Plus gets gloss black lower bumper vents, fog lights, and an integrated rear camera. The Exclaim comes with leather seats and an available Premium package that includes forward-collision warning and lane-departure alert in addition to navigation, an Infinity audiophile system, panoramic sunroof, and ventilated/heated front seats and other amenities.
2) The base model Soul is powered by a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine that delivers 130 horsepower and 118 lb.-ft. of torque. The Plus and Exclaim are equipped with a larger 2.0-liter engine that produces 164 horsepower and 151 lb.-ft. of torque. The base Soul comes with a 6-speed manual or optional 6-speed automatic transmission, which is standard on the Plus and Exclaim trim levels.
3) Personalization is a key Soul attribute with a Designer Collection package that adds two-tone exterior paint—white with red roof or red with black roof. Included with the Designer group are 18-in. alloy wheels with black spokes and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
4) An optional interior Umber Color package is available with Shadow Black, Titanium, Fathom Blue, or Cloud White exteriors. HID projector headlights and Nappa leather upholstery and door armrest accents are included.
5) In some states, a pure electric variant is available with a driving range up to 93 miles before recharge, according to Kia. It should be noted that the Soul’s UVO infotainment system offers connectivity and helpful driver-assistance features. Also, don’t forget Kia’s 10-year/10,000-mile powertrain warranty.