5 Fast Facts:2016 Kia Optima
Kia’s 2016 Optima midsize car has been redone with a longer, wider, and stiffer chassis. Built at Kia’s plant in West Point, GA, the 5-seat Optima includes a new Eco version with fuel-sipping engine. The 2016 Optima also includes more technology, safety systems, and a roomier, more refined interior.
Here are five fast facts about the 2016 Kia Optima:
1) Five trim levels include: LX, LX 1.6T, EX, SX, and SXL. The LX and EX trims are equipped with a standard 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that makes 185 horsepower. A turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder peps up the SX and SX-L trims and produces 245 horsepower. Both engines are partnered with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Eco variant’s turbocharged 1.6-liter 4-cylinder with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic produces 178 horsepower and is EPA-rated at 39 mpg on the highway. The Optima Hybrid also returns for 2016.
2) All trims of the 2016 Optima come with Bluetooth and satellite radio; navigation and a larger UVO infotainment display are available. Optima SX and SX-L trims get enhanced UVO suites of apps, smartphone connectivity, and a Harman/Kardon premium audio system is available.
3) The cabin of the Optima features a clean dash with aluminum band trim separating the instruments from infotainment, audio system, and climate controls. The Optima also offers new comfort with power-adjustable, heated/ventilated seats. A selection of cloth, leather, and premium Nappa trims are available in two new colors: Merlot and Dark Aubergine.
4) A rearview camera is available. Advanced driver-assistance technologies also are optional, including blind-spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, and park-assist technology. Lane-departure alert and advanced cruise control are also options.
5) The 2016 Kia Optima received a top 5-star overall safety rating in crash tests from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and has been designated a “Top Safety Pick+” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).