5 Fast Facts:2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Improved fuel economy is the main storyline regarding the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee, due to electric power steering, decreased tire rolling resistance, and weight reductions with aluminum suspension. The 2016 Grand Cherokee offers a choice of engines, new High Altitude edition, and a towing capacity of 7,400 lbs.
Here are some facts to bear in mind if you’re considering a new Grand Cherokee:
1) The 295-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine adds fuel-saving engine start/stop technology to improve fuel economy and efficiency. Other technologies include cooled exhaust-gas recirculation, advanced two-step variable valve lift system, and an upgraded variable valve timing system.
2) The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in Laredo, Limited, Overland, Summit, and SRT varieties. The Grand Cherokee features a new polystable shifter and Ivory Tri-coat exterior color for the Overland, Summit, and SRT trim levels. The 2016 Grand Cherokee High Altitude adds upscale dark chrome exterior features, along with premium content, standard Advanced Technology Group, and European sport-tuned suspension components.
3) Distinctive exterior features on the High Altitude version of the 2016 Grand Cherokee include new dark chrome grille rings, dark chrome lower front and rear fascia applique, dark chrome fog and tail lamp bezels, gloss black finish on HID headlamps, black exhaust tips, and gloss black 20-in. wheels.
4) The Grand Cherokee High Altitude is available in five colors: Bright White, Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, Deep Cherry Red, and Brilliant Black. On the interior, the Grand Cherokee High Altitude comes standard with black Nappa leather seats and black accent stitching throughout, leather-wrapped steering wheel, silver anodized instrument panel, and bright silver pedal kit.
5) The ultimate performance Grand Cherokee SRT features a newly designed instrument panel gauge cluster, all-new drive modes, revised SRT Performance Pages, and weight reductions with aluminum suspension components. Four different 4-wheel-drive systems are available.