5 Fast Facts:2016 Jaguar F-Type
What’s new for the stylish 2016 Jaguar F-Type is the addition of all-wheel drive (AWD) and a slick 6-speed manual shifter. The aluminum-chassis midsize premium sporty car launched as a convertible in 2015, followed later by the F-Type Coupe. Equipped with potent Jaguar engines, this elegant 2-seater is for consumers who love driving as a sport.
Below are five fast facts about the 2016 Jaguar F-Type for shoppers:
1) The F-Type comes as a Coupe, S Coupe, and R Convertible. Coupe trim levels are F-Type, F-Type Premium, F-Type S, F-Type S AWD, F-Type R, F-Type SVR, and F-Type British Design Edition. The same trims with unique treatments are offered for the Convertible. Shoppers have a choice of 13 exterior paint colors; many interior colors, textures, and seat selections; seven wheel possibilities; and numerous options including a Performance package and Premium + Vision package that adds more technology.
2) The F-Type’s cabin matches luxury with sportiness. Leather and suedecloth are combined in seating upholstery. An easy-to-read analog tach and speedometer reside on the dash, and a leather steering wheel features gear-selector paddles on automatic variants. A plus for convertible aficionados is that the top closes and opens in just 12 seconds, according to Jaguar.
3) Three supercharged engines are available for the 2016 F-Type, starting with the standard 3.0-liter V-6 that delivers 340 horsepower and mated with a 6-speed manual transmission. F-Type S variants get the peppier V-6 that produces 380 horsepower, while R versions are equipped with the V-8 that generates 550 horsepower and can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, Jaguar says. F-Type S Coupe and Convertible engines are partnered with a 6-speed automatic, while variants with the performance V-8 are matched with an 8-speed ZF transmission.
4) A rearview camera, blind-spot monitor, adaptive high beams, and reverse traffic detection are extras in the Premium + Vision package. Electronic stability control, front and side air bags, security system, and rear park-assist sensors are standard. The all-new InControl infotainment system features a remote to lock, unlock, and start the car.
5) A 5-year/60,000-mile limited warranty has been added to the F-Type along with complimentary scheduled maintenance.