5 Fast Facts:2017 Jaguar F-Pace
Jaguar, part of parent Jaguar Land Rover, launched its first premium, practical sport utility vehicle in May of 2016 after receiving 10,000 pre-orders for the new “performance crossover,” according to news reports. The 2017 Jaguar F-Pace compact premium SUV is built on the same lightweight-aluminum architecture as Jaguar’s XF and XJ sedans with design inspiration from the F-Type.
On the pages that follow are five fast facts about the 5-seat Jaguar F-Pace to help you shop for a premium compact SUV:
1) Competitively priced with an MSRP below $42,000, the F-Pace SUV comes in six trim levels: Base, Premium, Prestige, and R-Sport, plus the upscale sporty F-Pace S and luxurious First Edition. Full-time all-wheel drive (AWD) is standard, and much of the F-Pace’s engineering reflects Land Rover SUV standards.
2) A 3.0-liter, supercharged V-6 engine that makes 340 horsepower is standard while a peppier version powers the upscale S and produces 380 horsepower. In September, Jaguar will add a fuel-efficient, 4-cylinder, 180-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine. All engines are partnered with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
3) Jaguar’s newest InControl Touch infotainment system is standard with an 8-in. display screen and smartphone connectivity. An upgraded Pro system features a 10.2-in. screen interface that operates like a tablet. An F-Pace waterproof wristband with lock/unlock features is available for sports and gym activities. Audiophile systems and an optional Tech package go the distance with high-end 17-speaker sound, a 12.3-in. screen, and robust connectivity, according to the automaker.
4) The F-Pace’s roomy cabin focuses on comfort, leather, and luxury. All trim levels feature stadium, reclining rear seating and an expansive panorama moonroof. The 33.5 cu. ft. of cargo space doubles when the rear seats are folded down. The tailgate opens with just a foot gesture. The latest advanced driver-assistance systems available include Lane Keep Assist and traffic sign recognition, adaptive cruise control and blind-spot monitoring, plus Park Assist and automatic emergency braking.
5) The new F-Pace is backed by Jaguar’s Elite Care plan that features a 5-year/60,000-mile warranty and comes with roadside assistance and free scheduled maintenance.