5 Fast Facts:2016 Honda Civic Sedan
Honda’s basic small car gets a complete makeover for the 2016 model year, as it enters its 10th generation. Virtually everything about the 2016 Honda Civic Sedan is new, and the maker says it will set new benchmarks in the compact class in terms of spaciousness, fuel efficiency, safety features, and interior quality. The 2016 Honda Civic Sedan is offered in multiple trims. Renovations include vehicle architecture, interior and exterior styling, a more spacious and high-quality cabin, two new engines, plus premium features and technologies.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Honda Civic Sedan:
1) The Civic Sedan in LX and LX-P trim are powered by a 2.0-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, inline 4-cylinder engine with Honda’s i-VTEC valvetrain producing a peak 158 horsepower and 138 lb.-ft. of torque. Engines are mated with a sporty continuously variable transmission (CVT) with Honda G-Design shift control, or, on the LX trim, a 6-speed manual transmission.
2) The Civic Sedan in EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trim feature an all-new, turbocharged, 1.5-liter, DOHC, direct-injection 4-cylinder engine with variable cam timing (VTC), turning out 174 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque. The 1.5-liter turbo engine is mated with a new CVT that combines with the low-inertia turbo and VTC.
3) The 2016 Civic Sedan’s chassis features multi-link independent rear suspension, hydraulic compliance bushings, larger stabilizer bars, rigid aluminum rear damper brackets, Agile Handling Assist brake-torque vectoring for cornering precision and stability, and dual-pinion electric power steering with variable gear ratio.
4) The Civic Sedan’s interior offers 97.8 cu. ft. of passenger space (an increase of 3.2 cu. ft. over the previous model), new ultra-thin A-pillars for enhanced forward visibility, and premium soft-touch cabin materials. The 2016 Civic Sedan in EX-T and above trims incorporates a new 7-in. Display Audio touch screen, integrated with Apple CarPlay3 and Android Auto2 platforms. Available options include remote start, dual-zone climate control, walk-away locks, heated seats, and much more.
5) The new Civic Sedan has 15.1 cu. Ft. of cargo space, an increase of 2.6 cu. ft. over the 2015 Civic Sedan.