5 Fast Facts:2016 Ford F-150
The Ford F-150—the best-selling truck in the United States—was redesigned for 2015, with an all-new, lighter aluminum body. Ford adds minor enhancements for 2016. Two paint colors, a special-edition package, and trailer backup assist option are new. Also, Ford’s Sync 3 infotainment system is standard, and an ultra-premium Limited trim level debuts.
To help you decide which large pickup fits your needs, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Ford F-150:
1) Ford reduces F-150 trim levels to: XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and the new Limited in regular, extended cab, crew cab types, with three bed sizes: 5 ft. 6-in.; 6 ft. 5 in.; and 8 ft. All are available in 4x4 or 4x2 drive configurations.
2) Ford offers V-6 and V-8 engines for the F-150. The base XL is equipped with an EcoBoost, 3.5-liter V-6 engine that produces 282 horsepower and tows up to 7,600 lbs. A turbocharged, 2.7-liter V-6 engine generates 325 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque, while the V-8 engine produces 385 horsepower and 387 lb.-ft. of torque. All are partnered with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
3) For looks, Ford adds Shadow Black and Lithium Gray paint colors. New Special Edition Appearance packages are offered for XLT and Lariat trims, featuring 20-in. wheels, black running boards, tinted headlights, stripes, a dark grille, and upscale interior. The Limited luxury trim level features 22-in. wheels, satin finish grille, door/tailgate handles, plus a premium interior with adjustable heated/cooled leather seating.
4) New Pro Trailer Backup Assist allows a driver to reverse the F-150 with trailer using a knob on the dash. A Natural Gas Prep package is available, optional for natural gas-powered trucks.
5) Ford’s 2016 F-150 comes standard with the next-generation Sync 3 infotainment system. A new infotainment screen is featured on the new Limited.