5 Fast Facts:2016 Ford Edge
The 2016 Ford Edge SUV features sharp angles and graphic lines, a powerful-looking dome hood, raised beltlines, and boldly sculpted shoulders. The wheels are positioned at the outer corners to give the vehicle a wide and aggressive stance. It’s available in several distinctive trims with a broad palette of options. Front-wheel- (FWD) and all-wheel-drive (AWD) versions are available. Cargo volume is 73.4 cu. ft. with rear seats folded, or 39.2 cu. ft. behind the rear seats, and towing capacity is 3,500 lbs. Exerior colors include black, white, red, silver, gold, bronze, bright blue, and gunmetal blue.
Here are more facts about the 2016 Ford Edge:
1) The Edge Titanium features a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather- trimmed sport seats, metal-plated accents, mechanical stripe aluminum applique, illuminated scuff plates, and ambient lighting. The exterior features a bright beltline molding matched with chrome accents, and standard 19-in. wheels, with available 20-in. wheels.
2) Edge Sport trim comes standard with a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine, Intelligent AWD, adaptive steering, distinctive front and rear lower fascia, and dual-integrated exhaust tips. The vehicle’s suspension has been engineered for tight handling, agility, and stability, according to Ford. Standard wheels for the Sport are 20-in. polished aluminum with low-gloss magnetic-painted pockets; 21-in. premium low-gloss dark tarnish-painted aluminum wheels are optional.
3) Seven wheel options are available, depending on trim choice, which includes SE, SEL, Sport, and Titanium. Interior lighting choices on the Titanium and Sport include ice blue, orange, soft blue, red, green, blue or purple.
4) A new 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine also features an integrated exhaust manifold optimized for the twin-scroll setup, active oil control system, high-pressure direct-injection fuel system; and an active wastegate to accurately manage boost and torque levels.
5) The optional 3.5-liter V-6 engine delivers 280 horsepower and 250 lb.-ft. of torque. The 2016 Sport is powered by a 2.7-liter V-6 engine that generates 315 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque. It works with a 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.