5 Fast Facts:2016 Fiat 500X
The all-new 2016 Fiat 500X crossover features an available advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, seating for 5, Italian style and craftsmanship, and a choice of engines. It is available in five trim levels: Pop, Easy, Lounge, Trekking, and Trekking Plus. The latter two feature distinctive front and rear fascias and Satin Silver accents.
Here are five more facts about Fiat’s 500X crossover SUV:
1) In the United States, the Fiat 500X is available with a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine paired with a 6-speed manual transmission, with an output of 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. The 2.4-liter Tigershark engine produces 180 horsepower and 175 lb.-ft. of torque and is paired exclusively with a 9-speed automatic transmission on AWD and front-wheel-drive models.
2) A disconnecting rear axle allows for reduced parasitic loss when AWD capability is not needed, improving fuel efficiency, according to Fiat. The Dynamic Selector system allows the driver to choose from three modes—Auto, Sport, and Traction +—for the most suitable vehicle configuration in different driving conditions.
3) Standard and available safety and security features include forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic detection. Electronic stability control with hill-start assist and electronic roll mitigation, and 7 air bags, are standard on all 2016 500Xs.
4) Available features include Uconnect 6.5 radio with a 6.5-in. high-resolution touch screen and navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio, a 3.5-in. color thin-film transistor (TFT) cluster display, Keyless Enter ‘n Go, and heated front seats and steering wheel.
5) Exterior design elements include double headlamps, a trapezoidal nose, the signature “whiskers and logo” face, and the rounded clamshell hood that identified the original 1957 Cinquecento model. The distinctly Italian design carries through to the interior, which features innovative storage solutions, body-color instrument panel, circular cluster display, and Fiat’s iconic door handles. Cloth low-back bucked seats are standard.