5 Fast Facts:2016 Fiat 500
The Fiat 500 and Fiat 500c convertible are modeled after the iconic 1957 Cinquecento, a small, sporty car with a distinctive Italian flair. For 2016, a new Easy trim level is introduced, as well as five new exterior colors: Spitfire Orange, Grigio Cenre (light gray), Rhino (dark gray), Latte Menta (light green), and Celeste Blue (light blue).
Here are some more useful facts about the 2016 Fiat 500 small car:
1) The Uconnect 5.0 system features a 5-in. touch screen that enables hands-free calling via Bluetooth-equipped phones, as well as voice-command control of AM/FM and the optional SiriusXM satellite radio and navigation system. Digital music can be streamed wirelessly from compatible Bluetooth smartphones or audio players supported by a media hub equipped with an auxiliary jack and USB port, as well as an integrated CD player.
2) The engine on the Fiat 500 Turbo trim features a single turbocharger, twin intercoolers, and sport-tuned exhaust to deliver 135 horsepower compared with the standard engine’s 101 horsepower, and 150 lb.-ft. of torque compared with 98 lb.-ft. A 6-speed automatic transmission is optional. The 500 Turbo offers sport-tuned springs, shock tuning, and steering calibration, along with a lower control arm for spirited handling, Fiat says.
3) The standard 2016 Fiat 500 and 500c deliver 31 mpg city and 40 mpg highway with the 1.4-liter engine and 5-speed manual transmission. For a more engaging driving experience, the driver can select the Sport mode on the instrument panel, which changes the throttle map for improved engine responsiveness, according to Fiat.
4) The 2016 Fiat 500 and 500c Pop models include 15-in. steel wheels with all-season tires, 7 standard air bags, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, power heated mirrors, speed control, chrome exhaust tip, and available 7-in. color high-definition TFT cluster display. The Easy trim includes an enhanced interior with premium cloth bucket seats.
5) A limited-production Fiat 500 1957 Edition features retro exterior and interior design elements reminiscent of the original.