Smart thermostats have emerged as a device many homeowners make as their first purchase within the connected home ecosystem. Smart thermostat manufacturers and related services enterprises that understand customer experiences are better positioned to develop targeted initiatives that can increase overall customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, and advocacy, maximizing sales.
The J.D. Power Smart Thermostat Satisfaction ReportSM measures overall customer satisfaction with smart thermostat brands among those who purchased a smart thermostat system within the past 12 months. Satisfaction is examined across 10 factors (listed in order of importance): ease of use; ease of install/setup; reliability; energy efficiency; price paid; effectiveness of heating/cooling; internet connectivity; usefulness of app; variety of features; and customer service. Report findings allow smart thermostat manufacturers to:
- Identify and understand key drivers of customer satisfaction
- Benchmark performance against other smart thermostat manufacturers
- Align service improvement initiatives with customer needs and expectations
A report subscription provides access to the tools necessary to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your company is performing and to identify any areas needing improvement. Deliverables include:
- Copy of the questionnaire
- Client-friendly SPSS data set, allowing a comparison of your company’s performance against competitors, the industry, and the highest performers
- Data tables, including simple tabs of all questions in the study
- Comprehensive PowerPoint report of findings that provides insights into key findings and your brand’s performance, which allows you to prioritize improvement initiatives and maximize performance
J.D. Power’s research solutions enable smart thermostat manufacturers to target those performance activities that have a direct impact on ROI.