U.S. Self-Directed Investor Satisfaction Study
Share This Page
The priorities and expectations of self-directed investors have shifted significantly during recent years. While inexpensive trade commissions and a reliable platform were critical in the past, they are now table stakes for any investment firm, with low cost no longer the differentiator it once was. Increasingly, self-directed investors are looking for guidance and tools to help them plan, set, and track goals and make smart investment decisions. Additionally, many investors who may not need or want a traditional full service advisor still want the ability to receive occasional advice from a professional who can be a sounding board or second opinion for their ideas.
The J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Self-Directed Investor Satisfaction StudySM examines satisfaction with self-directed investment firms. The study provides insights into the needs, expectations, and preferences of today’s self-directed investors and identifies best practices for improving overall satisfaction as well as loyalty, retention, and advocacy. Additionally, the study helps investment firms understand how key segments of the market differ based on such demographics as age, gender, investable assets, and investment style.
A study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your firm is performing and to identify areas needing improvement.
Study deliverables include:
- An analyst briefing that provides high-level executive insights into industry trends and study findings, allowing your firm to understand key drivers of satisfaction across all aspects of the investor experience
- A detailed findings report (60-plus pages) that provides more detailed analyses and additional data support for the primary themes discussed in the analyst briefing
- Access to a personalized competitive data set, enabling you to see how your firm stacks up against competitors, the industry, and highest performers
- An executive presentation that provides a summary of your firm’s results against those of key competitors as well as actionable insights for improvement; presentations are delivered live, typically to an executive-level audience, and are intended to be a catalyst for strategic discussions and planning
- A set of analytical tools, including a simulator that allows you to customize your analyses as well as estimate the impact that improving your performance on specific KPIs might have on overall satisfaction
Investment firms that subscribe to the study will be better able to understand their competitive position at a detailed, actionable level, allowing them to identify critical areas for improvement and prioritize investments in the service areas that matter most to investors.