As premium costs rise and newly enacted reform legislation takes effect, achieving satisfaction among health plan members is more challenging than ever. Commercial health insurance plans are striving to meet the expectations of health plan members amid high levels of public scrutiny and price sensitivity, which makes it essential to listen to the Voice of the Customer.
For the past 9 years, the J.D. Power Member Health Plan StudySM has helped amplify the voice of commercial health plan members. This information is used by health plans nationwide to evaluate service quality and to track key metrics within performance improvement initiatives.
Study information will allow health plans to:
- Compare service quality against index benchmarks
- Identify ways to sustain member satisfaction, even as deductibles and plan complexity continue to increase
- Compare brand image and loyalty ratings across plans to identify the perceptual strengths (or weaknesses) that affect community reputation
- Understand critical drivers of overall member satisfaction, including coverage and benefits, provider choice, and customer service, among others
- Gain a deeper understanding of drivers of member engagement
- Understand the impact of cost in customers’ health plan selection decisions
- Enhance delivery of health plan information and communication
Health insurance companies that listen to their members and prioritize actions to satisfy their expectations are more likely to directly impact overall ROI. A study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how well your business is performing, as well as the areas that need improvement. Study deliverables include:
- Access to regional and factor-level performance summaries that allow comparisons of plans and that examine critical member concerns
- A detailed findings report that prioritizes recommendations for improving member satisfaction
- Customized scorecards displaying comparative performance on key metrics related to member experience