As premium costs rise and newly enacted reform legislation takes effect, achieving satisfaction among health plan members is more challenging than ever. Commercial health insurance plans are striving to meet the expectations of health plan members amid high levels of public scrutiny and price sensitivity, which makes it essential to listen to the Voice of the Customer.
The J.D. Power Member Health Plan StudySM measures satisfaction among members of 168 health plans in 22 regions throughout the United States. This information is used by health plans nationwide to evaluate service quality and track key metrics within performance improvement initiatives.
Study information will allow health plans to:
- Compare service quality against index benchmarks
- Identify ways to sustain member satisfaction, even as deductibles and plan complexity continue to increase
- Compare Brand Image and loyalty ratings across plans to identify the perceptual strengths (or weaknesses) that affect community reputation
- Understand critical drivers of overall member satisfaction, including coverage and benefits, provider choice, and customer service, among others
- Gain a deeper understanding of drivers of member engagement
- Understand the impact of cost in customers’ health plan selection decisions
- Enhance delivery of health plan information and communication
Health insurance companies that listen to their members and prioritize actions to satisfy their expectations are more likely to directly impact overall ROI. A study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how well your business is performing, as well as the areas that need improvement.
Study deliverables include:
- Access to regional and factor-level performance summaries that allow comparisons of plans and that examine critical member concerns
- A detailed findings report that prioritizes recommendations for improving member satisfaction
- Customized scorecards displaying comparative performance on key metrics related to member experience
- Bain Certified NPS® by J.D. Power: This independent and Bain certified measurement of NPS which includes the brand level Net Promoter Score® and verbatims, a NPS rank chart and verbatim text analytics. More advanced analytics are available at an additional cost. Contact your J.D. Power representative to learn more, or visit jdpower.com/nps
Now Available! Bain Certified Net Promoter Score® by J.D. Power
This independent, trusted, and Bain certified measure of NPS® provides brands with accurate scores they can use with confidence as they seek ways to improve the customer experience, assess their competition, increase brand advocacy, and ultimately deliver positive financial results. To access it, you must subscribe to the respective J.D. Power syndicated study. Learn more at jdpower.com/nps
Net Promoter System®, Net Promoter Score®, NPS® and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.