The increasingly competitive home appliance industry has provided consumers with more options than ever before when shopping for a new appliance. The wide variety of models and features available, as well as a wide range of prices, makes it critical for appliance manufacturers to differentiate their brands and products in the marketplace. Manufacturers that understand their customers’ experiences, needs, and expectations are better positioned to target initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction, increase brand loyalty and advocacy, and grow market share.
The J.D. Power Laundry Appliance Satisfaction StudySM and the J.D. Power Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction StudySM measure customer satisfaction in 11 segments of major home appliances: clothes washers (front-load washers and top-load washers are measured separately); clothes dryers; dishwashers; cooking appliances (cooktops, freestanding ranges and wall ovens are measured separately); over-the-range microwaves; and refrigerators (French door refrigerators, side-by-side refrigerators and top-mount freezer refrigerators are measured separately). The overall customer experience is examined across six key drivers of satisfaction: Ease of Use; Features; Performance and Reliability; Price; Styling/Appearance; and Warranty. The studies, which provide the home appliance industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of customers, include the following objectives:
- Measures key drivers of satisfaction among customers who purchased a kitchen or laundry appliance
- Captures brand image and reputation
- Examine pathway to purchase: reasons for shopping; steps taken after decision to purchase (including first step); types of websites used for research and shopping (including most visited); number of shopping visits across retail locations; involvement of sales associate when first visiting retail location; preferred brand in mind at beginning of purchase process; and place of purchase
- Capture kitchen and laundry appliance usage patterns
- Measures problem occurrence, contact with manufacturer, and satisfaction with warranty service
- Delivers insight into what drives customer loyalty and advocacy