U.S. Home Improvement Retailer Satisfaction Study
Share This Page
Consumers rely on home improvement retailers in their efforts to maintain and improve their homes. Retailers that are able to provide an environment that makes it easy for customers to get the merchandise and guidance they need are more likely to gain a larger share of their customers’ wallets. To achieve customer loyalty, home improvement retailers must understand their customers’ needs and experiences and focus on continual performance improvement to increase customer satisfaction, grow advocacy, and maximize sales.
The J.D. Power Home Improvement Retailer Satisfaction StudySM measures key drivers of satisfaction among customers who regularly shop at their primary home improvement retail store. The study examines customers’ entire in-store experience—from the reason why they select or reject a retailer, to the facility and assistance provided by the sales staff, to overall satisfaction with their retail store experience. Home improvement retailers may use study findings to:
- Understand performance on key factors that drive customer satisfaction with home improvement retailers
- Identify retailer strengths and weaknesses overall and by customer segment
- Align strategic planning and improvement initiatives with core customer desires and needs
- Benchmark customer satisfaction of home improvement retailers
A study subscription provides access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of your company’s performance and to identify key strategic opportunities.
Study deliverables include:
- An on-site executive presentation that provides insights into key industry trends and study findings, allowing your company to maximize performance and prioritize improvement initiatives
- Access to competitive data sets, allowing a comparison of your company’s performance against competitors, the industry, and the highest performers
- A customer comment file that allows you to hear directly from your customers
J.D. Power’s research solutions enable home improvement retailers to target those performance activities that have a direct impact on ROI.