As the demands of residential gas utility customers continue to evolve, it is imperative that gas utility companies stay up to date regarding their customers’ needs and expectations, as well as industry trends. Utilities that understand their customers’ preferences and experiences are better able to target performance improvement initiatives that may increase overall customer satisfaction.
The J.D. Power Gas Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures residential customers’ satisfaction with their gas utility in four U.S. geographic regions: East, Midwest, South, and West. The study examines satisfaction across six factors—billing and payment; corporate citizenship; price; communications; customer service; and field service—that allow utilities to:
- Measure critical components that drive overall satisfaction among residential gas utility customers
- Identify the relative strengths and weaknesses of gas utilities overall and by size
- Align strategic planning and improvement initiatives with core customer expectations, desires, and needs
- Benchmark customer satisfaction performance among large and midsize gas utilities throughout the United States
Study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your utility is performing from a residential customer viewpoint and to identify any areas needing improvement.
- A management discussion and on-site executive presentation that provide insights into key industry trends and study findings, allowing your utility to maximize performance and prioritize improvement initiatives
- Access to competitive data sets, allowing a comparison with peer utilities, the industry, and the highest performers
- An impact simulator—built around your utility’s performance on industry critical management metrics—that models the impact of one or multiple performance improvement initiatives on customer satisfaction